Monday 31 January 2022

MIGRAIN Assessment 2: Learner Response :)

1) Type up your feedback in full (you don't need to write the mark and grade if you want to keep this confidential).

WWW: Really solid understanding of Audience Effects theories which is clear from your Q4 response. However, just aim to give more examples to support your arguments 

EBI: In your writing, use more media terminology (e.g. Q1 'gold writing' should be 'gold font/typography' instead). Revise Public Service Broadcasting topic/blog

2) Read the mark scheme for this assessment carefully. Identify at least one potential point that you missed out on for each question in the assessment.

Q1: I should've consistently used highly appropriate use of subject specific terminology throughout the question (e.g. typography/font

Q2: Although I got full marks for this question, I could've mentioned conglomerate ownership or diversification too 

Q3: I should've used examples and subject specific terminology to support my arguments in order to get the full marks 

Q4: I should've applied the theories to the question as well as the use of subject specific terminology to get the full marks 

3) On a scale of 1-10 (1 = low, 10 = high), how much revision and preparation did you do for this assessment? You may also want to think here whether you had completed all the original blog tasks from last term before doing the assessment.

I would say I was a 7/10 because I did all the blog work before the assessment but I think I should've gone through past papers to see what gets full marks 

4) Look at your answer for Question 2. Did you manage to write about three different strategies and three different benefits? It's vital you read the question and follow it exactly.

I did manage to write about three different strategies and name three different benefits for each strategy and I got full marks for the question 

5) Look at your answer for Question 3. Did you follow the question guidance and write about both the BBC and commercial broadcasters? What could you have added to this answer to reach a higher mark?

I only got 4/9 for this question and I think it's because I didn't use examples when making my arguments. I should've mentioned the licence fee and how this contributes to the future of the BBC as well as examples of  channels the BBC owns. I also should've revised Public Service Broadcasting more so that I fully understood it enough to answer the question and get the full marks 

6) Now look over your mark, teacher comments and the mark scheme for Question 4 - the 20 mark essay question on media effects theory. Write a new paragraph for this question based on the suggested theories/answers in the mark scheme. Make sure it is an extensive, detailed paragraph focused on the question and offering examples from the wider media. 

I somewhat agree with the fact that the media has a damaging effect on the audience because of Bandura's social learning theory that suggests that people observe and imitate behaviour they see. And although this experiment was done on children, we still may be able to apply it to adults and how they absorb what they see on the media. This theory allows us to question whether young people should be protected from what they see on the media because they might start copying some of the behaviours they see (such as violence, drugs, gang activity, etc.). This theory also may raise awareness for parents that their children may copy stuff they see online and allow them to monitor what their child is watching to prevent them from copying these behaviours. Therefore this theory could support the fact that the media can be damaging for some audiences

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tomb Raider Anniversary: Blog Tasks :)

Language and Audience Analyse the game cover for Tomb Raider Anniversary (above). 1) How does the cover communicate the genre of the game? T...