Saturday 30 October 2021

First Blog Questions :)

1) Why did you choose A Level Media Studies?

My sister took Media as one of her GCSEs and I always thought it looked interesting as well as exciting and as I started watching more shows and movies, I became more and more fascinated by what goes on behind the scenes which led to me choosing Media Studies at A-levels.

2) Did you take GCSE Media Studies (either here at Greenford or a different school)?

I didn't take GCSE Media because I discovered my interest in the subject after we had chosen our GCSEs.

3) If you answered yes to Q2, what grade did you achieve in GCSE Media? What coursework task did you complete? What would you say your strengths and weaknesses were in GCSE Media?

N/A

4) What grade do you hope to achieve in A Level Media?

Hopefully an A or A*

5) What are your current thoughts about your next steps after A Levels - university, apprenticeship, work?

I'm still unsure of which career path I would like to pursue but I know I want to go to university after sixth form.

6) What do you think the biggest MEDIA story of 2021 has been and why?

COVID-19 was definitely the biggest Media story of 2021- especially with the development of vaccines and lockdown restrictions.  There wasn't a single news channel that didn't cover COVID-19 and even medical shows were basing their newest seasons on the pandemic. 

7) What media sources do you use to find out about news and current affairs?

I tend to find all my news from BBC News as I have found it to be the most reliable and unbiased. However, when it comes to news about celebrities and TV shows/movies, I tend to use Twitter. 

8) What was the last film you watched?

Shang-Chi

9) What is your favourite ever TV series?

Station 19 and Grey's Anatomy

10) How many hours do you spend online in an average day? Is this too little, too much or about right? Why? (If you have an iPhone you can use Screen Time to get an accurate figure of how much you use your phone).

I spend about 7 hours on average daily online and I think this is way too long and I can use my time more wisely and spend that time doing something more productive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tomb Raider Anniversary: Blog Tasks :)

Language and Audience Analyse the game cover for Tomb Raider Anniversary (above). 1) How does the cover communicate the genre of the game? T...